Wiring Warnings
THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR SITE

Phone number (704) 847-5737   email james@besld.net

Should You Get An  Electrical contracting company Inspection your Home?
Do you live in a  house built before 1984?

Stab-in Wiring, In many  houses, the wires to the outlets are connected using the “stab in” method, in which the electrician simply pokes the wires into a slot.  The wires hold for a while – but then could come loose, due to shifts in the house or any other movement affecting the outlet.  When the stab connector comes loose, the outlet has the potential to heat up, melt down and cause an electrical fire.

If you’ve noticed any signs of trouble with your home's outlets or switches, call Briggs Electrical Service to determine whether the problem is caused by deteriorating connections or aluminum wiring.  Depending on the architecture of your house, we’ll determine a repair method that will make your house safe and your system reliable.                                    

Whole-Home Safety Inspection.                                                                                                                    Here are some warning signs to look out for. In your wiring, outlets and light fixtures:

Frayed wiring, Arcing, An electrical burning smell (ozone)

Light fixtures that won't turn on when you know the bulb is good

Sizzling sound inside switches and plugs

Lights and appliances dimming for no reason, Breakers tripping, In your breaker box:

Federal Pacific Electric breakers*

These breakers were installed in millions of American homes from the 1950s to the 1980s. They appear safe but can overheat and become a fire hazard. These should be replaced by a professional electrician like the ones at besld Electric.

Zinsco  panels, Extremely popular in North America for years, these breaker panels may overheat and melt. This can cause fire or electrical shock. These should be removed immediately.

Fuse Boxes*

Old electrical systems that rely on fuses are not able to handle the power demands of the modern household. Typically, a fuse box system is rated to handle no more than 60 amps. A modern household needs to have at least 150 amps of electrical capacity. If overburdened, these fuses will blow and can overheat, causing damage. Sometimes a homeowner will put a larger fuse in the box to keep a circuit from blowing. This is a fire hazard as it may cause wires to overheat.

In general:

If your home was built before 1970, there’s a good chance that your wiring is out-of-date. Electrical codes are constantly updated for safety and as new technology comes along. Keep your home electrical system up-to-date and in excellent condition. Want to learn more? about outdated wiring in 90% of the homes built during the 60s, 70s and 80s. Don't risk your home or, worse, injury to a loved one. Check back soon for more Wiring Warning tips and keep your home safe!

Whole-Home Safety Inspection.                                                                                                               Here are some warning signs to look out for. In your wiring, outlets and light fixtures:

Frayed wiring, Arcing, An electrical burning smell (ozone)

Light fixtures that won't turn on when you know the bulb is good

Sizzling sound inside switches and plugs

Lights and appliances dimming for no reason, Breakers tripping, In your breaker box:

Federal Pacific Electric breakers*

These breakers were installed in millions of American homes from the 1950s to the 1980s. They appear safe but can overheat and become a fire hazard. These should be replaced by a professional electrician like the ones at besld Electric.

Zinsco  panels, Extremely popular in North America for years, these breaker panels may overheat and melt. This can cause fire or electrical shock. These should be removed immediately.

Fuse Boxes*

Old electrical systems that rely on fuses are not able to handle the power demands of the modern household. Typically, a fuse box system is rated to handle no more than 60 amps. A modern household needs to have at least 150 amps of electrical capacity. If overburdened, these fuses will blow and can overheat, causing damage. Sometimes a homeowner will put a larger fuse in the box to keep a circuit from blowing. This is a fire hazard as it may cause wires to overheat.

In general:

If your home was built before 1970, there’s a good chance that your wiring is out-of-date. Electrical codes are constantly updated for safety and as new technology comes along. Keep your home electrical system up-to-date and in excellent condition. Want to learn more? about outdated wiring in 90% of the homes built during the 60s, 70s and 80s. Don't risk your home or, worse, injury to a loved one. Check back soon for more Wiring Warning tips and keep your home safe!

Briggs Electrical Service & Lighting Design.

500 East Matthews Street Matthews, NC 28105

Phone number (704) 847-5737 500 

Fax number (704) 972-0532.
 

The owner James Briggs Email james@besld.net

Office manager Trinity Reynolds 

trinity@besld.net

Main website http://www.besld.net
Website Builder